This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

Marriage between Italian citizen and foreign citizen

The Italian citizen must carry out the pubblicazioni di matrimonio, via appointment by sending an email and specifying in the subject Marriage in Italy;

Foreign Citizens:

  • Australian or US citizen, must obtain the atto notorio;
  • Citizen of another nationality, must present a Single Status Certificate, to be requested from the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages

After the marriage banns carried out abroad, foreign citizens, not Australian or US citizens, the only formality required once they arrive in Italy is to obtain the authorization to marry at their Embassy. This authorization must then be delivered to the Municipality where the wedding will be celebrated. It is therefore necessary to contact your Embassy in Italy in good time to request what formalities are required for the issuance of this authorization and the relative timing.